Press "Enter" to skip to content

Secretariat buildings to be sanitized this weekend, Govt warns against non-essential visits

HP NEWS SERVICE
Shillong, Sep 4: The main and additional buildings of the Secretariat will be sanitized on Saturday and Sunday after six positive cases of Covid-19 were detected in them, the government informed today.
Three new cases were detected today, adding to the three discovered until Thursday. Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong informed that 65 high-risk contacts of the Covid positive individuals have been identified and, so far, the test reports of 30 have come back negative.
The government has advised against non-essential visits to these two buildings from Monday to Friday next week by members of the public.
The rooms of those employees who have tested positive have been sealed since Thursday.
“We can’t seal the whole secretariat. We will sanitise the buildings on Saturday and Sunday and we will look into what rooms can be reopened,” Tynsong said.
Meanwhile, Additional Secretary to the Law Department, AK Sangma, denied reports that there was a Covid case in his department.
Media reports today had referenced government sources, including Health and Family Welfare Minister AL Hek and Tynsong, in identifying a case of the coronavirus among Law Department staff.
Sangma, however, said today that the reports lacked “proper verification or authentication from any authoritative source”.